Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pizza, always better in New York?


Ahhh pizza, an amazing food which really does go good with almost anything, and at any meal. I am sure most of you have had pizza before, and i am also sure that you have heard that New York is where to get the best pizza. I always wondered why this was, whats so special about New York, i mean ya there is a lot of people there and stuff but what makes them better at making pizza. I decided to go on a hunt to find out why there pizza is so good, and how i could make some just as good, if its there recipe.
While surfing the internet i found a interesting article, chowhound did a test on New York pizza, they went with the idea that maybe pizza was made better there due to the tap water they use to make it. It turns out that they were right, after they made the pizza they had four blindfolded chefs do a taste test, all of the chefs picked the pizza made from New York tap water to be the best. Now i wonder what the people of New York have been putting in there water to make pizza better??? Whatever it is i want some, i love pizza...and aparently i am not the only one to think so.
Joe Brown said the same thing, the love of pizza is everywhere. He said, and i quote, "It costs $482.79 to get a decent pizza in San Francisco — $17 for the pie, $85 for cab fare, and $378.80 for the flight to New York. Throw in $1.99 for tinfoil." what kind of pizza do they have over there??? I mean good god, i personally have never had New York pizza but now i just might fly there to get some, i have $482...
p.s. i might miss class due to pizza 

3 comments:

  1. I want to go too! :) I've had New York pizza before. It is the best. I can't wait to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in New York this summer and I had pizza once. It wasn't good. Of course, this was just one sample, hardly sufficient to draw any conclusions.
    Nice job incorporating your sources.

    Look out for the spelling of there/their - most of yours are incorrect

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I worked at a pizzeria back home, and we were always talking about new york and chicago pizza and how to get that same style and taste! Thats so interesting! I'll have to let my boss know!

    ReplyDelete